On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 11:38:57PM -0400, Chaim Frenkel wrote:
> I thought he was asking for evaluating until nothing is left to interpolate.
>
> Something akin to:
>       $x = eval "$x" while $x =~ /[$@]/;
> But more intelligent.

OK, fair enough; and I appreciate the point that other double quotes can get
in the way. Even so, this is something which can very easily be done in
Perl-space. I realise it's a very unpopular point of view in these parts, but
I feel the only things that should go in the core are things that need to be
there. Still, carry on churning out those RFCs, eh?

--
If God had a beard, he'd be a UNIX programmer.