Graham Barr wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 04:06:00PM -0600, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> > Why not just check @numbers?
>
> Well if the 'use trisate' pragma ever arises (did anyone RFC that ?)

Following Glenn's lead, I'm in the process of RFC'ing a new null()
keyword and value that will do this:

  $a = 1;
  $b = null;
  $c = $a + $b;

$c is null, not 1.

Since undef() has established semantics, I don't think these should
change. I believe taking from RDBMS and adding null() which has the
correct NULL semantics is the way it should go.

One thing I'll add is the posibility to decide whether you want your
variables initialized to undef() or null():

   use initialize 'null';

Or something like that. Easy integration of DBI here we come...
(hopefully) :-)

-Nate