On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 10:09:03AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > =head1 TITLE
> >
> > First-Class CGI Support
> > [...]
> > To make CGI programming easier, this option/pragma should:
>

> Should the option/pragma also do "something" with regards to
> files opened for writing?
>
> They (nearly?) always require locking in a CGI environment...
>
> That is, should this feature do anything with regards to file locking?

My first instinct is to say no.  There is nothing inherent about
file locking and CGI.  CGI is a dain-bread interface for running
insecure^Wremote programs.

If, however, there was some sort of 'use autolock' or 'use writelock'
pragma, then I suppose it would be sensible turn that on with 'use cgi'
or 'perl -cgi'.

Make sense?

Z.