On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 03:48:33AM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:

>   PRL>     -r  freadable()
>   PRL>     -w  fwriteable()
>   PRL>     -x  fexecable()
>   PRL>     -o  fowned()
>
>   PRL>     -R  Freadable()
>   PRL>     -W  Fwriteable()
>   PRL>     -X  Fexecable()
>   PRL>     -O  Fowned()
>
> this looks decent to me.

Well, it leaves readable for AIO callbacks, so of course you're going
to say that.  :-)

I reserve the right to switch to readable/writeable iff the socket/exists
issue has a resolution.  Thoughts anyone?

> maybe make the prefix f_ to make it a little
> more readable (overriding that word again! :)?

I can't think of any builtins that use _, but it's going to be
exposed by use english, so perhaps that qualifies it.  I'm
on the fence though. If it's going to be *_writeable, is_writable()
looks better.  It is tom's original proposal, after all.

> also f/Fexecable() looks very odd.

Patches welcome for f/F.

> is that your choice or were your right
> and left hands fighting again? executable is probably the better term
> and who cares about 2 chars more if you are using this.

No, I chose execable intentionally.  Probably change it to executable
in v3 anyway.

Z.