  SC> Incidentally, and just to try and raise the tone a little, are we
  SC> planning on compiling Perl 6 programs to native binaries?

that was the subject of threaded inline code (my def of TIL but some
other acronyms fit that). a cpu/os specific perl backend would generate
only perl op calls in machine code and thread them togethers. this has
nothing to do with OS threads. we just have a name collision problem.

it is debatable whether this gains any speed (several of us think it
will) and will need benchmarking to verify that.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting