Piers Cawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Buddha Buck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Piers Cawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > How do you create an anonymous list now then? Not that I object to
> > > borrowing from Objective C you realise.
> >
> > I thought ($one, $two, $three) was an anonymous list.
>
> Oops, meant anonymous array.

To be overly pedantic I thought [$one, 2, 3] was a ref to an anonymous array...

> > Other than severe dependence on the comma, is there any reason why we
> > couldn't have the following?

[snip]

> Apart from the fact that we're adding one more meaning to [], one
> which has no mnemonic relationship with arrays, no reason at all.

Since it looks like we are going to be getting $object.method()
anyway, it doesn't matter much.  It was more of a facetious suggestion
to begin with -- although that doesn't mean that it wouldn't work,
it's just not going to happen, and I know it.