> Too many dead parrot jokes?  Too many lousy acronyms?
>
>     Platform-Agnostic Rabidly Rapid Object Thrasher

well, it doesn't have to be underlined by an acronym.. and if you don't like
parrot, how about a play on the name w/'polly'?

> Urque.
>
> Since it's something underlying Perl, I'd suggest a decrement of
> "Perl", which would of course be "Perk".  The Java engine would have
> to be "Perj", I guess, which seems fitting somehow.  The C# engine might
> be "Peri" because it's around whether you like it or not.

also - why does it have to be tied to perl (in name) at all? I like the idea
that it would *not* be tied to perl, ie: it would be more generic if it was
not named after it.

How about 'prism' (ie: multiple languages from one underlying platform)?

Ed