Simon Cozens makes a good point in response to my slightly overamped
oration on the qualities of dissent.

I am seeing most of the current discussion on this list as being
brainstorming on details, not painting the vast new blue skies,
and that is as it should be.

Acknowledging that making changes involves tradeoffs is an
important part of that.  We are ultimately dealing with the fact
that the working subset of commonly shared non-alphanumeric keys
on keyboards is somewhat limited (where IS that darn Compose key
anyway!).  This isn't so bad; the constrained set avoids APLism,
and as many may know, that way lies madness!

http://www.chilton.com/~jimw/keyboard.html

And so there's a bit of a three-dimensional Rubik's Cube
game here to try and rejigger the use of the keyboard to make the
language more efficient and productive and maybe even clean out
some of the accumulated crud out there.

Onward.  I resume my stance as interested layman...

Fred