I've seen uses for compile-time properties on variables, and run-time
properties on values, but I've not yet seen any decent use for run-time
properties on variables.  So I'd be inclined to disallow properties on
lvalues unless they're in a "my" or "our".

Offhand, I do kinda like the notion of distinguishing between
compile-time and run-time properties by means of a different keyword,
whether that's "as" or something else.  I think it might tend to reduce
some of the confusion.  But I'll have to think about that some more.
It's possible it's a false economy, psychologically speaking.

Larry