David Grove <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Perl is far more practical than experimental.

> Not at the moment. That's the problem.

Pretty much everything proposed, even in the wildest RFCs during the
brainstorming phase, was still stuff that's been done elsewhere by other
languages.  That's the practical vs. experimental distinction that I'm
drawing.  I realize that you don't like the direction that Perl 6 design
is heading, but it's still not heading towards being an experimental
language.  I've seen some *real* experimental languages; they're a lot
more unconventional.

You can still trace nearly everything that was proposed back to C, Lisp,
or Generic Object-Oriented Language, if not in inspiration than at least
in fundamental similarities.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>