> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> : <QUOTE>
> : Interestingly, this one tweak to the whitespace rule also
> means that we'll
> : be able to simplify the parentheses out of other similar
> built-in constructs:
> :
> :     if $foo { ... }
> :     elsif $bar { ... }
> :     else { ... }
> :
> :     while $more { ... }
> :
> :     for 1..10 { ... }
> :
> : I think throwing out two required punctuation characters
> for one required
> : whitespace is an excellent trade in terms of readability,
> particularly when
> : it already matches common practice. (You can still put in
> the parens if you
> : want them, of course, just for old times' sake.)
> : </QUOTE>
> :
> : Since the parentheses are no longer required, will the
> expressions lose or
> : retain their own scope level?  (I'm assuming that whatever
> rule applies, it
> : will hold true if you do elect to use parantheses anyway.)
>
> Yes, you can use a "my" in those expressions, but now the
> scope will continue beyond the inner block, whether or not
> there are parens.

How would we then create a inner block scoped variable, as for counters
or other variables not needed passed the scope.  The only way would be
to increment within the block itself.

Is there a reason why we can't have behavior defined on whether or not
pareths are used.  With pareths it's scope block, without, outter scope?

Ilya