On 5/22/02 11:18 AM, "Michael G Schwern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> claimed:

> It would be nice to have a way to check if something is an integer better
> than the regexes in perlfaq4

<snip />

I completely agree with this sentiment. In the meantime, if you don't want
to worry about the regexes, check out my Data::Types module on the CPAN. It
offers functions for checking integers and other numeric types.

'Course, in Perl 6, builtin types will make this a non-issue. I look forward
to that day!

Regards,

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                               Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]