Luke Palmer wrote:

> So there's no elegant way the new regexes support it?
> That's a shame.

  <max(/b.*a/, /b.*s/)>

seems fairly elegant to me, with 2 caveats:

First, we need assertions as part of the default library. I.e. we shouldn't
need a C<use> for things like min and max.

Second, we should eliminate as much of the syntactic noise as possible:

  <max b.*a b.*s>

would be nice -- with parenthesis, or the like, needed only when things
become ambiguous. I think, though am not sure, that having whitespace act as
an arglist separator in assertions makes it cleaner. There are definitely
strong counter-arguments. But I would like to minimize the clutter: and the
baseline is that alternation requires only one character.

Dave.