I'm going to ask something that's probably going to launch off into a long,
silly thread.  But I'm really curious what the results will be so I'll ask
it anyway.  Think of it as an experiment.

So here's your essay topic:

Explain how having indexes (arrays, substr, etc...) in Perl 6 start at 0
will benefit most users.  Do not invoke legacy. [1]

[1] ie. "because that's how most other languages do it" or "everyone is used
to it by now" are not valid arguments.  Ask any Pascal programmer. :)

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One