On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 12:27:31PM -0700, Luke Palmer wrote:
: > Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 11:15:20 -0800
: > From: Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: >
: > As for constructor syntax, I suppose we might make use of the $. notation
: > like this:
: >
: >     method new($.name, $.age) {
: >     return $class.bless;
: >     }
:
: Come to think of it, new is a class method, not an object method.  How
: is that specified again?  Is there going to be sugar to blur that
: distinction for constructors?

You'll not that $class was declared typeless, so it doesn't matter if it was
actually a class or an object of that class.

Actually, that last example was wrong--it should have been

     method new($.name, $.age) {
        return .bless;
     }

or

     method new($class: $.name, $.age) {
        return $class.bless;
     }

But in either case, if $class is untyped, it can work with either cloning
or class-based constructors.

Larry