> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:10:05 -0800
> From: Michael Lazzaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> (I also beg people to stop thinking about testing for
> equality/equivalence between two objects as being related to their
> stringification.  You shouldn't be stringifying objects merely to test
> if they're the same object -- yuck.  It was an artifact of Perl5 that
> we should be replacing.)

This brings up something that's been on the tip of my toungue for
awhile.  In many object-oriented languages we have seen that there is
an important difference between "equal" and "same."  Perl already has
two kinds of equal, but IIRC there is nothing to test whether two
variables refer to the same place in memory.  Should there be?

Luke