On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 06:21:43PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mr. Nobody) writes:
> > I have to wonder how many people actually like this syntax, and how many only
> > say they do because it's Damian Conway who proposed it. And map/grep aren't
> > "specialized syntax", you could do the same thing with a sub with a prototype
> > of (&block, *@list).
>
> Well, I'll go record and say I think it's Bloody Silly. It's over-cutesy,
> adding syntax for the sake of syntax, doesn't do anything for the readability
> of code, and doesn't really actually gain very much anyway.

That I will agree with to some extent. But mainly because I think
that IF a pipe-like syntax is added then it should do just that,
pipe. What has been proposed is not a pipe, unless each part gets
converted to a co-routine and its arguments are really an interator
that calls the previous stage to get the next argument.

> But even so I dare say it'll go in because Damian likes it.

That statement I dont agree with. Yes Larry has put a lot of trust
in Damian, but that has not resulted in Damian always getting what
he wants, just most of the time :-)

Graham.