On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:52:22PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 07:46:43AM -0800, Austin Hastings wrote:
> > Obviously, values are pure and therefrom spring "virtues," while
> > objects are but vile clay -- fallible constructs of a sinful man,
> > pathetically trying to recreate an envisioned ideal. Ergo, they have
> > naught but "vices."
> >
> > Can I get an "Amen," brothers and sisters?
>
> I'm not sure. I thought about vices, but I can remember that Larry doesn't
> like the idea of a "curse" function to un-bless things, so I suspect
> that "vices" aren't going to see much favour. "flaws", maybe. There's
> always scope for redeeming your flaws. :-)

What about appendage or adjunct then:

   Appendage \Ap*pend"age\, n.
      1. Something appended to, or accompanying, a principal or
         greater thing, though not necessary to it, as a portico to
         a house.
         [1913 Webster]

   Adjunct \Ad"junct`\, n.
      1. Something joined or added to another thing, but not
         essentially a part of it.
         [1913 Webster]

andrew
--
Aries: (March 21 - April 19)
You will come very close to acting heroically when you push an old lady