As near as I can tell, the only problem with the nice flow of:

A I<literal> is a piece of data.
A I<scalar> is a variable that holds a literal.

A I<list> is a sequence of literals and scalars.
An I<array> is a variable that holds a list.

is the "Rvalue-assign list", which takes the form of:

($r1, $r2, $r3) = (1, 2, 3);

Well, what if an "Rvalue-assign list" is simply decoupled from
a normal "data list." The confusion would end. The concepts
themselves are separate, so why shouldn't the names be? "data
lists" become "The One True List Type", and "Rvalue-assign lists"
become something like "Rvalue sequences" (or a catchier name).
Peace would reign on earth, or at least p6-lang and p6-doc.
(I hope I'm not missing something obvious here, at any rate :)

Joseph F. Ryan
ryan.311@osu