On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:04:47AM -0500, John Siracusa wrote:
: On 3/12/03 1:50 AM, Mark Biggar wrote:
: > John Siracusa wrote:
: >>> From A6:
: >>> I worry that generalized wrappers will make it impossible to compile fast
: >>> subroutine calls, if we always have to allow for run-time insertion of
: >>> handlers. Of course, that's no slower than Perl 5, but we'd like to do
: >>> better than Perl 5. Perhaps we can have the default be to have wrappable
: >>> subs, and then turn that off with specific declarations for speed, such as
: >>> "is inline".
: >>
: >> I think there's a lot of room between "allow this subroutine to be wrapped"
: >> and "inline this subroutine."  Whatever the "specific declaration for speed"
: >> is that forbids runtime wrapping of a subroutine, it should not be spelled
: >> "inline."
: >>
: >> (although "inline" may imply "dontwrapmeplease" or whatever :)
: >
: > I don't see how a sub being inline-able prevents being wrap-able.
:
: I did say "may"... :)

Just like I did say "such as".  :-/

Larry