On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 10:40:49AM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:

> Yes, though it's usually been mentioned with respect to things like:
>
>     my ($a,$b,$c) is constant = abc();
>
> However, I would personally go with the prefix zone macros before using
> distributed traits, just to get the zone info out front.

Ok, cool.  As long as I have both of these options, I'm happy.

> Perl 6 is designed to allow cultural experimentation.  You may
> reclassify any part of Perl 6 as a bike shed, and try to persuade
> other people to accept your taste in color schemes.  Survival of the
> prettiest, and all that...

Well, I admit that this issue is less important than many others
(e.g., the threads thread).  However, it all started when MikeL
pointed out that some function signatures mean that the function can't
be called with the params in the same order as they were declared.  To
me, this violates the Principle of Least Surprise, which makes it at
least a small step up from a bike shed.

But, as I said, the macros option and the distributed properties
option both exist, so that will solve half the problem.  The other
half would be fixed simply by declaring the zone order to be fixed.

--Dks