Iain Truskett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Not the only one. And with Parrot being able to execute Z-code, it
> might be sane to port Inform to Parrot!

Did you mean port Inform to run on Parrot, or port Inform to compile
to parrot?  If the former, that should be no problem.  If the latter,
I'm not sure what the advantage would be.  The z-machine is quite a
good deal more portable than Parrot, so Parrot could never replace it.
Parrot _could_ be used as a replacement for glulx, but I can't think
of any compelling reason to do that.  Most of the capabilities that
Parrot has that glulx lacks are things that Inform wouldn't be able to
exploit anyway.  (For those who don't know, the Inform language, due
to its focus on extreme portability, is unable to assume various
things, such as the existence of a filesystem, the ability to allocate
memory at runtime, and so forth.  It's not a general-purpose language,
obviously.)