We have been discussing how to pass data to Tk callbacks.
In particular Entry widget validation routines.
There are a number of items that they _might_ be interested in
but a typical routine would only use a few.
Currently it passes them all as positional parameters.

One idea that occured to me/us is to have a "localized" hash
for this purpose (which might be tied/magical).

One choice of name for this is %_ - which fits neatly with @_ for
positional args and $_ as current thing.

Also *_ glob already exists to have its GvHV entry (ab-)used.

What does p5p think of this use ?

Basically @_ says "how" you been called $_ is "what" you are
working on, and this idea gives %_ the meaning of "why".
(Caller gives the "who" ;-) )