At 6:56 PM -0800 12/23/03, Larry Wall wrote:
But maybe I'm hoping for too much--it's hard to imagine how this kind
of bless could work in-place to (in effect) annotate a data structure
with handler classes.

This is actually pretty darned trivial with the current architecture, so both composed objects and "Oh, look, this thingie... it's an object too!" type objects are easily doable.

Currently I'm not seeing any technical reason for perl 5 style objects to be anything other than, well, perl 5 style objects. Something could come up, I suppose, but I'd not expect it to.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk