Austin Hastings wrote:
> There's two ways to look at that. One way is to say: "I'm going to
> define an interface as being this OTHER thing minus a method." That
> seems like a positive construction, and supporting it might be
> desirable.
>
> The other way is to say: "Nobody knows what methods call what other
> methods in their implementation (nor should we know). Therefore,
> removing methods is forbidden. If you have a conflict of methods, alias
> them and provide support in the knowledge that any component C<role>
> that requires the method may call it internally."

Or you could say that when you "exclude" a method, what you're really
doing is hiding it from everything external to where it's declared, while
leaving it available to be called internally.  Method exclusion would be
more like declaring a private method in C++ than actually removing it from
the class or role.  This means that a method wouldn't be provided to a
class that C<does> its role but excludes it itself, and thus it wouldn't
be used to satisfy the requirements of any other roles that the class
C<does>.

=====
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang