On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 14:03, chromatic wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 05:52, Aaron Sherman wrote:
>
> > Perhaps I'm slow, but I don't see the difference between a trait and a
> > Java interface other than the fact that traits appear to be more of a
> > run-time construct.
>
> The easy answer is that interfaces completely suck while traits don't.
> :)

Ok, so what you're saying is that they're solving for exactly the same
thing, but you don't like the Java implementation.

Cool, I just wanted to see if I understood what a trait was. Interfaces
are a great feature, IMHO, and if Perl 6 can implement them (as Larry
suggests) in an even more flexible and well integrated way (via roles),
I'm all for it.

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith