On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 05:08:55AM -0600, Luke Palmer wrote:
: Well, C<for $foo> gives you a one-iteration loop.  But perhaps list
: flatten could work on iterators:
:
:     for *$foo { ... }

I dislike that purely on visual grounds in the case of

    for *$*IN { ... }

But I expect most folks will end up writing $IN instead of $*IN anyway.

[snip]
: The array abstraction doesn't work well for iterators, so perhaps
: that's not the best way to go.

At the moment there seem to be two related punctuational forms:

    for <$iter> {...}
    for $iter.<> {...}

: I'm personally a fan of "every" as well as renaming Ruby's "each" to
: something else.

We can settle on a word form later if necessary.  Then if we make it
a long enough word almost nobody will use it unless they really want
to steal <> badly.  :-)

Of course a conniving thief might steal the angles from <$iter>
without stealing them from $iter.<>.

Larry