On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 10:13:56AM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
: A different vtable implies some kind of a derived class. The question
: is, if an "of shape" or "is shape" already causes a new class of
: arrayish objects.
: The question probably is: how much of this class code is done directly
: by Parrot. But given that shapes can be fully dynamic too my gut feeling
: is that some glue code will be in the Perl6 library.

Okay, I'll try to make it clear in S9 that non-0-based arrays are not
to be implemented in such a way that the base array class is slowed.
If that means they're not in 6.0.0 at all, that's okay.  I'm mostly
just trying to keep the syntactic space open for them by allowing ranges
in shape parameters, which implies that the parameters are lists rather
than scalars, which implies they have to be separated by semicolons
rather than commas.

Larry