Nicholas Clark wrote:
On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 06:07:24PM +0200, James Mastros wrote:
4. The single-file, platform dependent, machine language executable (realexe).

Which parrot can already do. (Or at least could, but I don't think that anyone's been checking on it recently)
Er, right -- I'd meant to say that there, but I must have lost it when I decided my verbiage was horrible and rewrote it. (There's a reason I don't post often.)

Mostly, though, they require fairly minimal support from the core. Only 1 requires C<perl> support, and that support is very minimal. The
and as you say all this really isn't about perl 6 the language.
Exactly -- most of this sort of thing is about perl's standard library, which I think is a discussion for much, much later, and a discussion (one that, for the most part, is finished) for perl6-language (the part of the list that should be renamed to parrot).

-=- James Mastros