On 2005.02.08.19.07, Matt Fowles wrote:
| Brock~
|

| On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:08:45 -0700, Brock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| >
| > Hm. I take that back... it was a silly comment to make and not very
| > mathematically sound. Sorry.
| >
| > --Brock
| >
| > ----- Forwarded message from Brock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----
| >
| >       (a < b < c)       ==>     (a < b) and (b < c) and (a < c)
| >

| I disagree, I think that that is both mathematically sounds and
| perfectly logical.

Yes... but perhaps instead of the above transform we should just make
sure that < is transitive in the first place... so that no matter what
if a<b and b<c then a<c. OTOH... perhaps we are working with partially
ordered sets (rather than completely ordered sets)? In that case maybe
the above suggestion is useful after all.

--Brock