Larry Wall skribis 2005-03-12 12:26 (-0800):
> Well, we thrashed that one around a lot at one of our meetings, and
> the general consensus was that array interpolation and the default
> stringification of arrays should probably work the same for consistency.
> (Likewise for hashes.)  And that the default for both of those needs
> some whitespace.

Fair enough, but does this mean that ~reverse(<foo bar>) eq "rab oof",
and not "raboof"?

>     cat(@foo)
>     @foo.cat

I like this.

> And arguably, the current structure of join is that the delimiter is
> the invocant, so cat should be defined as
>     ''.join(@foo)

This is what Python does. It does not make any sense to me, and I can't
wrap my mind around it at all. Ruby-ish @foo.join('') seems more
natural.

Just like with how I prefer $fh.print($text) to $text.print($fh), I
cannot explain WHY this is how my mind works.

Juerd