Larry Wall skribis 2005-03-15  8:41 (-0800):
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:13:52PM +0200, Yuval Kogman wrote:
> : On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:51:57 +0100, Juerd wrote:
> : > Autrijus suggested "indeed" or "id", of which I like "indeed" better,
> : > because I'd like to continue using "id" with databases.
> : whether?
> That's an interesting possibility, though I think about half the people
> would misspell it.  Maybe that's a feature.  It works well for:
>     $yesno = whether any(@foo) == @any(@bar);

Seeing it in an example, I love this suggestion.

And re its spelling, that's a very good feature, because it'll slowly
teach me how to spell this word. And when I know how to spell it, I can
use it on IRC without dict(1)ing to see if I remembered correctly. This
will eventually save me hours! :)

> I should point out I'm rethinking the idea of whether or not whether and
> not should be list operators.

Nice use of both languages.

I've wondered today how their being list ops would work in practice.
Does it work like any(), all(), or is only one of the elements evaluated?

Juerd