On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:00:28PM -0500, Aaron Sherman wrote:

> The one obvious thing to POD users is the replacement of <> with [] or
> {}. Why is this? Because < and > are used in un-balanced ways in a large
> number of situations, so they should not be the primary bracketing
> constructs.

Actually, I quite like <> as the bracketing characters.  They are
visually distinctive, they connect well with their adjacent C/X/L/etc
without visually merging into it (compare L<foo> with L[foo]), and in
the circumstance that you want to bracket an unbalanced bracket, you
just double (triple, whatever) up and add some space:

Looks pretty clear to me.

--Dks