On Wed, 4 May 2005, Larry Wall wrote:

I propose that reduce become a metaoperator that can be applied to
any binary operator and turns it syntactically into a list operator.

I second that. By all means! (But I thin it would be desirable to have a 'plain' reduce operator as well)

Michele -- The reason I want to do this is that I am drawing up legal documents, and sometimes when I send out to a client I want to have a footnote to explain some point of godawful convoluted legal prose (why don't I just write it clearly in the first place??! Different topic....) - "DrMemory" in comp.text.tex, "Re: Footnotes: turning them on/off"