On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 09:38:58PM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
: On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 06:24:34AM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
: > Yes, it doesn't immediately deref as an array, so it fails.
:
: Oh.  So autodereference is only one level?  I got it all wrong
: in Pugs, then.  I wonder where I got that impression...

Oh, you probably got that impression from me.  I probably even believe
it now and then.  Maybe I'll believe it again tomorrow...

: > Now @$x would infinite loop according to what I said a couple weeks
: > ago, but maybe that's just the "go down one level" form that was
: > requested at the time, and @$$x is the "go however many it takes" form.
:
: Err, wait.  So @$$x is different from @{${$x}}?

Nah, those should be equivalent, whatever sematics we come up with.

Larry