Now:
        Declaration     Explicit        Implicit $_     $?SELF
        has $.var |     $obj.var \      .var \          ./var \
        has $:var |     $obj.:var \     .:var \         ./:var \

Consistent:
        has $.var \     $obj.var \      .var \          ./var \
        has $.:var \    $obj.:var \     .:var \         ./:var \

See it yet? It's about consistency in the whole scheme, not the clarity
of a single element.

(I wouldn't mind if $:var was a shortcut syntax for $.:var, although we
will regret this when we think of an even better purpose for the colon
as a sigil.)

Note that it's not *implicit* $?SELF. "./" is a prefix operator that
calls a method on $?SELF, not an infix operator that when prefixly used
defaults to something. "./" is not like ".+" and friends. It cannot be
used infix, it does not default to anything. Read the two characters as
one.

Juerd