On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 03:42:42PM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
: On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 07:07:02PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
: : the only advantage in the above case is the different prececences of =
: : and <== which allows dropping of parens with the latter. i don't
: : consider that so important a win as to be used often. and they are at
: : equal huffman levels as the =() is matched in length by <==.
:
: There's also the fact that <== can bind a lazy list, since we've said
: (if I recall correctly) that <== actually does binding rather than
: assignment, possibly even to the extent that
:
:     my $b <== foo();
:
: declares $b to be an iterator rather than an array ref.

Though that would seem to imply that *$x slurpy parameters should
work that way too, and that's not how they work right now...

Larry