Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:51:34PM +0000, Luke Palmer wrote:
> : Yeah, that's pretty.  But that will bite people who don't understand
> : continuations; it will bite people who don't understand "return"; it
> : will even bite people who understand continuations, because they can
> : be made in such an awkward form so easily.
>
> Right--we don't want mere mortals to be able to get at continuations
> quite that easily, whether they think they want them or not.

Shame. If you go monkeying with continuations without knowing what they do,
then of course you deserve everything you have coming to you, but is that
really any reason for making them hard to get at when you *do* need them?

I'm not denying that they should be hard to get accidentally, but it would be
good to know how to get them deliberately.