On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 07:09:42PM -0500, Rod Adams wrote:
: S10 talks about how it is AUTOSUB vs AUTOMETH (and others), but AUTOLOAD
: is still around. S10 doesn't mention it, but I think it's been said that
: AUTOLOAD only gets called as a last resort.

Really, the only point of keeping AUTOLOAD around is to make it easier
to translate Perl 5 to Perl 6.  AUTOSUB and friends have the spiffy
reference-returning semantics everyone wants.  I'd like the translator
to be able to turn "goto &foo" into "&foo.tailcall" or some such,
and otherwise leave AUTOLOAD alone.

Larry