On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 08:12:17PM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
> The basic problem is that I always hated looking at C++ and not knowing
> whether I was looking at a function or a method, so I'm not going to
> make standard Perl work like that.  On the other hand, there's always
>
>     use self "";
>
> to go with everyone else's preferences:

[... other use self examples ...]

> Did I leave anyone out?
>
> Larry

And what will be the default syntax to call
a method on self? If everyone has completly other
preferences about this, for example this horrible ./method()
syntax, which completly wont fit into the language, whose
favorite will be the default?
None at all?
An explicit call, like $?SELF.method () ?

Will we end in something like

use
my_completly_custom_syntax_and_grammar_which_has_nothing_to_do_with_perl6_anymore;

?

thanks,
Robin

--