On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 17:23:26 +0200, "TSa (Thomas Sandla)" wrote:
> Luke Palmer wrote:
> >Anyway, I think that once we start diving inside expressions to
> >measure their specificity, we've gotten too complex to be predictable.
>
> Well, we don't have where clauses, but where closures! The former
> should be a declarative sublanguge like regexps. They are evaluated
> at compile time or type instanciation time or however it is called
> and entered into the type constraint environment where the MMD looks
> for it. For the latter a warning should be produced and they are *not*
> considered for MMD other than applicability checking. They are of
> course called for non-invocant params, in assignments etc.

Eek! no.

I think guards (our where closures which I call where clauses) are
enough... =)

If you want to optimize simple where clauses by introspecting their
PIL, that's a different story =)

--
 ()  Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me sneaks up from another MIME part: neeyah!!!!!