On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:09:40AM +0100, Piers Cawley wrote:
: So long as there's some way of asking the garbage collector for everything in
: the live set so you can grep through them I'm sure you're right. Because
almost
: everything is extensible at runtime a class is going to need some way of
: finding all its (and its subclasses) instances so it can update 'em when/if
: it's definition changes. I'm also trying to think how an object/database
mapper
: could be made to work effectively without being able to keep track of all its
: managed objects, or would that just be handled through the use of 'is cached'?

I just said it was my conjecture.  That doesn't mean I think it's right.  :-)

Larry