On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 08:59:53 -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
> So in this particular case it might be better to just say
>
>     if exists &get_javascript_class {...}

Eeep... That reminds me of how you check between versions of perl.

I think I want something else:

        $?RUNTIME

this is a common interface to an object that does all this.

It's lexical because the same bit of code might run on a hybrid
platform if we're getting carried away.

It let's you ask mostly about roles:

        if ($?RUNTIME ~~ /IsDomishBrowser/){
                # the browser runtime has the window class in the dom, we
                # can get it, and it doesn't matter if we're running on
                # javascript or parrot embedded in mozilla

 ()  Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me groks YAML like the grasshopper: neeyah!!!!!!