On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Luke Palmer wrote:

A new development in perl 6 land that will make some folks very happy.
There is now a Set role.  Among its operations are (including
parentheses):

   (+)   Union
   (*)   Intersection
   (-)   Difference
   (<=)  Subset
   (<)   Proper subset
   (>=)  Superset
   (>)   Proper superset
   (in)  Element
   (=)   Set equality

It makes this folk very happy for one. I can see two very cool things coming out of this off the bat:

1. You could create a very nice mini-language that is 99% already defined in Perl6 for generating SQL or other RDBMS queries.

2. Writing a true RDBMS in Perl6 will be that much easier, because now all I'll have to do is overload these for the appropriate object types (relation, tuple, etc) and the code for doing various things will flow very naturally.

-dave