On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 06:26:02PM -0400, Stevan Little wrote:
: I am not sure if changing classes makes sense here so much as just
: providing a means for submethod calls to be forced. Currently the
: metamodels do this by allowing a special parameter in the first
: argument which is a flag to let the submethod wrapper know if can skip
: the "next METHOD" branch. It is a bit of a kludge, but it seems to
: work.
:
: The other option I considered was to make BUILDALL and DESTORYALL
: special somehow. But I am not sure if this makes any more sense than
: the kludge described above.

I'm not sure it's a kludge.  I think it might just be a specific
subcase of the "I've already checked the parameters to this, just
let me call you as a bare sub" entry point.  So maybe it's the same
alternate entry point used by the junction threading code after it's
already figured out how to thread.  A lot of optimizations might want
that bare entry point as well.

This does imply that the "next METHOD" of a submethod is outside that
bare entry point, of course.  That's what your flag is emulating.

Larry