Come to think of it...I had in mind a sequence of "skip" statements,
that would back out of a level one at a time, until you finally reached
the desired level. But, I think maybe these "skip" statements
essentially play the role of what you called "positive unindent tokens"
(I like that term).

I agree that simply using terms like this means indentation grammars
are problematic -- or does it? One thing that bothers me is that
*people* don't seem to have a great deal of difficulty with them. Why
not?

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Without the requirement of mathematical aesthetics a great many discoveries
would not have been made."

-- Albert Einstein