On Sep 12, 2005, at 3:56 PM, Nathan Gray wrote:
Yep, someone needs to make a diagram about Roles, too.

Here yah go.

http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/perl5/Perl6-MetaModel2.0/docs/ p6_role_model.jpg

I am planning on making Roles self-bootstrapping, so the class(Role) will actually be the first Role in the system. From there, Class will do Role, and Role will do Role. This also means that all the instances of Class will also do Role, which means that classes automatically can also be used as Roles.

Here is a mini-meta-model variation which implements this on a very basic level:

http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/perl5/Perl6-MetaModel2.0/docs/ MiniMetaModel_w_Role.pl

There is also an ASCII diagram here:

http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/perl5/Perl6-MetaModel2.0/docs/ misc_drawings.txt

I was planning on getting Role into the metamodel by the end of this week, but it seems $work might get in the way.

Stevan