Hi,

please configure your e-mail client to use "> " (greater-than, space)
for quoting, if possible. It currently uses ">" (greater-than).

TSa skribis 2005-09-26 13:43 (+0200):
> >>Why not define .chars like this:
> >>   Context     Return value
> >>   item        amount of units
> >>   list        units themselves
> I still have my objections to this outside-in flow of type
> information.

Can you explain please what "outside-in" means to you?

> >I still think this. They certainly LOOK symmetric.
> But with respect to what are .elems and .chars symmetric?
> Do you mean they are just two five elems err chars long names
> for the identical concept?

They are both plural, and the word used is used to describe a
fundamental building piece of the greater whole: an array has elements,
a string has characters.

It has nothing to do with both elems and chars being 5 letters.

> > The difference with @foo without .elems would then be non-Num item
> > context: item @foo returns [EMAIL PROTECTED], but item @foo.elems returns
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> but I don't follow how you manage to mix these concepts and
> come up with 'non-Num item context'.

non-Num item context is item context that isn't specifically numeric.

Bare @foo in non-Num context returns a reference, @foo.elems in
non-Num context returns the number of elements. In Num context, both
return the number of elements.

> BTW, does everybody expect more than one prefix numerifyer beeing
> redundant or is there an idea of (+ (+ @foo)) beeing modelled

It's providing context to something that was already providing context.
A bit redundant indeed.

Juerd