On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 13:00:55 -0600, Luke Palmer wrote:

> I don't think it was a "how is this possible", but more of a "what
> business does it have?".  And as far as I gathered, they're saying
> pretty much what you've been saying, but in a different way.  It's
> about the continuation boundary; that is, if you're outside a module,
> you have no say in how the module does its business.  You can continue
> only at the module boundary, replacing a return value from its public
> interface.

As I see it this is the usefulness of exceptions being handled by
distant code.

The code in the module inverts it's interface by calling code it
doesn't know with a certain parameter, accepting a certain parameter
back.

That way encapsulation is not broken, but errors that happen deep
inside a call chain can be dealt with by code that can interact with
the user.

--
 ()  Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me climbs a brick wall with his fingers: neeyah!