On Oct 13, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Dave Whipp wrote:

I started thinking about the "in general, unverifiable programmatically" bit. While obviously true, perhaps we can get closer than just leaving them as comments. It should be possible to associate a unit-test-generator with the theory, so I can say:
[...]
And then say "for type T, please generate 1000 random tests of T using axioms of Ring".

In an ultra-slow debug mode, the aximons could be propagated as post conditions on every public mutator of T, so that we test them continuously in a running application (or tes suite).

While I like the idea, I would point out that 1000 tests with randomly generated data are far less useful than 5 tests chosen to hit boundary conditions.

--Dks